- What We Do
- Veteran Programs
Texas Veterans Network
The Texas Veterans Network, formerly TXServes San Antonio, has been providing service in the San Antonio area since June of 2017. This network assists service members, veterans, and their families in the 13-county Alamo Area, and will soon expand into South Texas (Laredo area) and the Coastal Bend (Corpus Christi area). With oversight from the Alamo Area Development Corporation and Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG), this initiative creates a coordinated online network of over 100 public, private, and nonprofit organizations serving service members, veterans, and their families. AACOG acts as the central hub of the Texas Veterans Network, and connects clients to services across the state and beyond.
The Texas Veterans Network program evaluates your personal goals and directs you to the network providers who can help you reach them. You only have to provide eligibility information ONCE, and Texas Veterans Network providers work together to serve you. Submit your documents the first time you enter the network, and you never have to show them again.
Texas Veterans Network providers cover a comprehensive range of services, including:
|Clothing & Household Goods||Housing||Spiritual Enrichment|
|Education||Individual & Family Support Services||Sports & Recreation|
Alamo Service Connection
The Alamo Service Connection (ASC) staff can also help with our extensive database of useful resources, and one-on-one assistance with such programs as Medicare, Social Security, legal aid, housing assistance, home repairs, residential support services, assistance with emergency household expenses, and access to transportation services available in our region.
Some of the services we can assist you with are:
- Accessing and understanding your VA, TRICARE & MEDICARE healthcare benefits.
- Locating specialized resources through the over 250 community partners working to help veterans and their families in our region.
- Providing assistance with transportation needs through our Texas Veterans Commission grant-funded grant program and other community transportation services.
- Educating community leaders, veterans groups, or private company on ways you can easily support veterans and their families.
- Developing & facilitating training events that are not only informative, but educational and directly applicable to your everyday lives in Military City USA.