AACOG Regional Awards
2020 AACOG Regional Awards Application ONLINE FORM | PDF DOWNLOAD
___________________________________________________________________________________The Alamo Area Council of Governments is accepting nominations for the 2020 AACOG Regional Awards. Recipients will be honored during the AACOG Area Council and Board of Directors Annual Luncheon on Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
Any person, corporation, community project, or government project that has contributed to the positive advancement of the Alamo Area (Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina, and Wilson counties) is eligible for nomination. Previous award recipients are ineligible for the same category if they have won within the past 3 years. Current elected officials are also ineligible for nomination unless directly involved in a governmental regional project.Nominations are due by 4:00 P.M. on Friday, October 9, 2020. Winners will be notified on November 2, 2020.
Regional Award Categories:
- REGIONAL CITIZEN OF THE YEAR:This award honors individuals who have contributed to the betterment of the AACOG region. The award is given to individuals residing within the Alamo Region who demonstrate a dedication to the region through their activities outside the scope of their employment. Current elected officials are ineligible for nomination.
- CORPORATE / BUSINESS STEWARD OF THE YEAR: This award honors corporations that have contributed to the betterment of the AACOG region. It is given annually to large or small for-profit companies that make a positive impact on their local communities through activities such as employee volunteering initiatives, fundraising activities, and other efforts that have established the corporation as a community partner.
- COMMUNITY / NON-PROFIT PROJECT OF THE YEAR: This award honors community-based or non-profit projects that have contributed to the betterment of the AACOG region. These awards are given annually to community-based or non-profit driven projects that have made a positive impact to the communities involved in and affected by the project. Projects not yet completed are ineligible.
- GOVERNMENT PROJECT OF THE YEAR: This award honors government projects that have contributed to the betterment of the region. These awards are given annually to completed governmental entity-based projects that have significantly impacted the community for the better. Projects not yet completed are ineligible.
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: This award honors individuals that have significantly contribute to the betterment of the AACOG region as a whole over their lifetime. This award has only been given out four times since these awards were first given out in 1974. Individuals nominated under this category may instead be recognized under the Regional Citizen of the Year category, at the discretion of the voting committee.
- COVID-19 RESPONSE & RECOVERY: This award honors governmental entities, community-based/non-profit organizations, and their efforts in the fight against COVID-19. This is a special category introduced in 2020 to recognize special initiatives related to health and human services, business support, outreach or awareness, or any other projects to help Alamo Area communities during the coronavirus pandemic.